10 Fashion Tips and Tricks ( 4 )
31. “Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain.” – Kaelen Haworth, designer, KAELEN
32. Add a 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar to the final rinse cycle while doing laundry to maintain the wash of your favorite pair of dark jeans.
33. To stretch tight shoes, fill two freezer bags with water and place into each shoe. Let it freeze overnight. As the water freezes, it’ll gently expand your shoes.
34. Frame vintage scarves for cool original artwork.
35. Due to its high level of surfactants, Dawn dish detergent is especially successful at removing grease and oil stains from clothing. 65. “A flattering silhouette begins with the right underpinnings. Never underestimate the power of Spanx—they’re a girl’s best friend!” — Lucy Sykes Rellie, Fashion Director, Rent the Runway
36. Revamp an old coat by swapping out the buttons and having a tailor replace the lining with something eye-catching, like a pattern or a bright color.
37. When getting jeans shortened, always ask your tailor to reattach the original hem. It may cost extra, but it’s worth it.
38. If blush or bronzer breaks in your handbag, pre-moistened makeup removing wipes will clean up the loose powder flawlessly.
39. Break in stiff or too-snug shoes by slipping them on with socks and blasting your feet with a hot hairdryer.
40. Hang a shoe bag on the back of your bathroom door and use it to hold makeup, toiletries, brushes, hair ties, etc.